Biking is a form of mass transportation in the metro Atlanta area. Similar to pedestrians, bicyclists are very vulnerable on the road. If a bicyclist is involved in a collision with a car or truck, the cyclist is likely to end up with serious injuries. Motorists should:
- Slow down and obey the posted speed limit.
- Yield to cyclistswhen turning.
- Appreciate bicyclist vulnerability
- Know bicyclists’ rights.
- Look before opening their door.
- Be careful when passing stopped vehicles.
- Allow three feet when passing bicyclists.
For more on bicycle accidents, visit here.
If you were riding a bicycle and were involved in an accident with a motor vehicle, please contact us immediately.